Friday, March 26, 2010

Hand Printed Pillows




I designed these pillows last fall for my first craft show. They are based on a fresia flower and screen-printed on 100% linen. I have had a pair of burnt orange ones in my living room since October and I just love them. I learned a lot making them, too. The heavy, nappy linen, while beautifully rustic, was the dickens to print on. I made a lot of boo boos. No wonder most everybody else uses a cotton/ linen blend- live and learn! What I loved about making them was learning to use the photo emulsion screen-printing sheets, called PhotoEZ, that I bought from Ginny Eckley at the International Quilt Festival. They are so easy to make and use (Ginny gives instructions at her site above). I highly recommend them!
Today is beautiful, springy and warm. I'm starting to get a little stressed about Easter being just a week away since we'll be having people over. Better get out and pull some weeds in the front yard!
I've almost got my daughter's quilt finished- really, really almost. Can't wait to show you!