Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bag Week






One of the greatest perks of being a SAHM is having a lot of free time, but on the flip side one of the biggest frustrations for me sometimes is having no plan. As Monday rolled around this week, I was feeling a bit aimless (and not wanting to finish E's quilt), so I decided it would be bag day. I wanted to use some of the awesome hand-printed fabrics I had recently ordered. I started with a little tote for my daughter. She put a claim on the bunny, elephant and heart fabric from Umbrella Prints as soon as she saw it- can't blame her- they're awfully cute! She's already used her new bag for carrying her stuffed bears (of course) and collecting snow peas from the garden. The next day I concocted a much needed new wallet for myself, complete with chekbook and cash pockets, and twelve card pockets (needed to accomodate my hoarded gift cards- why don't I actually spend these?) I used this lovely folksy print by Sommersville- love it! Since I was on a roll, the next day I designed and made myself a bag with some fabric by Danielle Stewart Design- really gorgeous stuff! So, my week took shape- it was bag week!

By the way, I've been obsessed with hand-printed textiles lately! I love their fresh designs and look and that handmade thing is just so special- don't you agree? I'd like to start a blogroll of those I've discovered soon, so you can check them out too!